Organized by body system, this user-friendly textbook helps you quickly gain a solid understanding of veterinary terminology. Essential word parts and terms are presented in the context of basic anatomy, physiology, and disease conditions, enabling you to immediately apply new terms to practical clinical situations. A companion Evolve website features interactive exercises that reinforce your master of veterinary terminology, as well as audio clips to help you learn proper pronunciation. Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter test your knowledge, challenging you to go beyond simple memorization and become fluent in the language of veterinary medicine.
New to this Edition
- An Evolve website offers interactive games and audio pronunciations to help reinforce your understanding of key word parts and terms.
- The engaging full-color format includes nearly 230 illustrations that clearly demonstrate key anatomy and physiology concepts and terminology.
- Expanded coverage of ruminant anatomy and physiology enhances your knowledge of these species and related terminology.
- Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and challenge you to use newly learned terms.
- A logical body-systems approach and consistent chapter format make it fun and easy to learn veterinary terminology.
- Goals, objectives, and self-study sections at the beginning of each chapter help you focus your study time and allow you to check your recall and understanding of key facts and terminology.
- Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter reinforce important concepts and correspond to an answer key at the end of the book where you can check your responses and assess your progress.
- A complete glossary of word parts gives you quick access to the spelling and meaning of every prefix, suffix, root, and combining form covered in the book.
Dawn E. Christenson
Paperback, 408 pp; 7.8in x 8.5in; 1.4 lbs; April 2008
Shipped by Elsevier