Learn to properly identify, interpret, and differentiate a wide variety of canine and feline heart and lung sounds with Rapid Interpretation of Heart and Lung Sounds: A Guide to Cardiac and Respiratory Auscultation in Dogs and Cats, 3rd Edition. A brand new companion website features both simulated and actual clinical examples to help you master and evaluate common sounds like murmurs and arrhythmias. And with the helpful instructions in the text integrated with the heart and lung sounds, you will be well prepared to perform accurate heart and lung auscultation in dogs and cats.
New to this Edition
- NEW! User-friendly companion website integrated with the text fully prepares you to identify, interpret, and differentiate heart and lung sounds in dogs and cats.
- EXPANDED! Respiratory content offers actual examples of video and lung sounds on respiratory patterns in animals that are dyspneic from various causes.
- Heart sound simulator allows you to focus on the heart sounds without the distraction of respiratory sounds or artifacts of hair rubbing against the stethoscope.
- Wide variety of heart and lung sounds provides you with real-life cases that are as close to clinical practice as possible.
- Pretests may be taken prior to reviewing the book and website to measure how much you already know.
- Posttests help determine when the material has been mastered and direct the user to remediation in areas where additional study is needed.
- Inclusion of clinically-relevant conditions makes it easy for you to apply this information to day-to-day practice.
- Key points called out within the text alert you to potential problems, variations on techniques, and other treatment considerations.
Bruce W. Keene, Francis W. K. Smith, Larry P. Tilley, and Bernie Hansen
Paperback, 112 pp; 7.5in x 10in; 1.1 lbs; December 2014
Shipped by Elsevier