Whether you're a new vet tech student or reviewing for the certification exam, Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 4th Edition is the ideal review tool to help you master critical concepts and pass the VTNE. Now in full color, this edition features a user-friendly outline format that helps break down information visually. Coverage reinforces key concepts in basic and clinical sciences, clinical applications, patient management and nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, medical and surgical nursing, and critical care, plus new information on pain management. To ensure the most meaningful review, the Evolve site features a study mode that includes 500 review questions and an exam mode that offers a computer-based testing environment similar to what you will encounter when taking the VTNE.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Chapter on pain management and updated and expanded chapter discussions provide the information needed to pass the VTNE
- NEW! Companion Evolve website contains a practice exam that simulates the computer-based VTNE testing environment.
- NEW! Full-color format features vivid color photos to support comprehension and recognition of essential concepts including histology, hematology, diagnostic microbiology and mycology, virology, urinalysis, and parasitology.
- Comprehensive coverage includes all areas of veterinary technology, such as: basic and clinical sciences; clinical applications; patient management, nursing and nutrition; anesthesia and pharmacology; and professional practices and issues.
- Comprehensive review exam at the end of the text contains 350 questions that provide you with a solid review of the vet tech curriculum and the information you need to know to pass the VTNE.
- User-friendly outline format is conducive to classification and grouping of material, which helps you retain the content.
- Coverage of dogs, cats, large animals, birds, reptiles, and laboratory animals ensures you are prepared for all aspects of the national board examination.
- Summarized concepts and procedures are highlighted in boxes and tables to support visual learners.
- Student-friendly chapter format contains a chapter outline, learning outcomes, a glossary, and review questions.
- Appendix of veterinary technician resources include American, Canadian, and international vet tech associations; registration of technicians; and special internet sites of interest to veterinary technicians.
Monica M. Tighe and Marg Brown
Paperback, 760 pp; 8.5in x 10.8in; 3.4 lbs; August 2014
Shipped by Elsevier