Now in full color with hundreds of new images, Laboratory Procedures for Veterinary Technicians, 6th Edition covers the broad spectrum of laboratory procedures that veterinary technicians need to perform effectively in the practice setting. Comprehensive content presents the fundamentals of microbiology, hematology, urinalysis, immunology, and cytology, along with the laboratory procedures used to perform the most widely used tests such as complete blood count, urinalysis, and immunologic assays. This edition includes newly organized chapters with expanded coverage of essential material to prepare you for real-life laboratory work.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Streamlined chapters are shorter and easier to digest with expanded coverage of essential material to prepare you for real-life laboratory work.
- NEW! Full-color photos bring concepts to life, sequentially arranged to illustrate step-by-step procedures for all commonly performed diagnostic tests in the clinical laboratory.
- NEW! Companion Lab Manual (sold separately) includes multiple-choice questions, fill-in-the-blank exercises, photo quizzes, labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, and other activities to help you master and apply key concepts and procedures in clinical situations.
- NEW! Special emphasis on the significance of abnormal results of key lab tests, zoonoses, and hematology.
- NEW! Vet Tech Threads provide you with introductions, suggested readings, boxed technician notes, learning objectives, chapter outlines, key terms, and a glossary for easy navigation through chapters and more focused learning.
- Comprehensive coverage gives you a solid foundation in the fundamentals of microbiology, hematology, urinalysis, immunology, and cytology, along with the laboratory procedures used to perform related tests.
- Step-by-step procedure boxes offer quick access to the skills you must perform during your educational program, as well as procedures that are commonly performed by vet techs in private practice.
- Provides the latest information needed to successfully perform a broad spectrum of laboratory tests, including complete blood count, urinalysis, and immunologic assays.
- Completely updated content throughout reflects the latest advances in veterinary clinical laboratory procedures for improved patient service and higher practice revenue.
- A comprehensive glossary of terms at the end of the text offers accurate, concise definitions and phonetic pronunciation guides.
Paperback, 448 pp; 8.5in x 10.9in; 2.3 lbs; May 2014
Shipped by Elsevier