Purchase this Access Card to view online videos so you can perform small animal medical procedures like a seasoned pro! Veterinary Medicine Clinical Skills Videos provide clear, step-by-step demonstrations of those advanced medical procedures that challenge any small animal practitioner. Forty videos depict diverse and advanced procedural skills such as bone marrow aspiration, arthrocentesis, epidural anesthesia, and many more. Created by well-known veterinary author Etienne Côté, these expert videos may be accessed online, anywhere at any time. Stop, rewind, and review as much as you want until it all makes sense. The result is a greater comfort level when performing these procedures and a safer, more effective process for your patients.
- 40 videos let you review medical procedures and stay up to date with the newest techniques routinely performed in referral practices and university hospitals - although there may be more than one way of performing a procedure, you can be sure that each way shown in these videos is tried and true, and has been in the hands of board-certified veterinary specialists for years.
- A logical format begins with preparatory information, including indications, necessary materials, and anesthetic requirements; then shows the procedure step by step, emphasizing key moments, especially where common errors are well known to specialists but may not be obvious to the newcomer; then concludes with important post-procedure information, including alternatives and pearls of wisdom.
- An ideal companion to Etienne Côté's market-leading text, Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, these videos show the finer points of procedural technique not possible to convey in print alone.
- Concise, narrated videos cover procedures from start to finish, averaging 7 minutes in length, and allow you to pause and rewind to review key aspects.
- A repeatable sequential order is used to show each procedure:
- Materials and equipment
- Step-by-step procedural technique
- Post-procedural care
- Animations support the videos by demonstrating important additional features.
- Cautions and special considerations are addressed in the videos to minimize patient risk and optimize outcomes.
Printed Online Access Code Card, 6.2 in x 9.2 in; 4 oz; May 2015
Shipped by Elsevier